Thursday, December 8th we went to say goodbye to Eve's acro teacher. She has been a lot of fun for Eve.
On Saturday, December 10th Kristen Owen was planning a "special dinner" with us for our last weekend home. We stopped by the church before heading to Kristen's because Matt Owen had supposed car battery troubles and needed a jump. (They had been having battery issues.) When we arrived and began the process, many car alarms in the parking lot started to go off. We were sure something was up, but didn't know what to do next. In a minute or two people were surrounding our car shouting "surprise!" Imagine how you would feel if the people you loved most from your ward family and friends surrounded you in a giant rush. It was such an overwhelming feeling of love and appreciation. After getting my composure and heading into the church we were able to talk, mingle and enjoy refreshments. This was a cherished opportunity to enjoy everyone one last time.
The Fergurson/ McClaine Clan
My Primary Presidency - JoEllen Heinke, Sally McClaine, Darlene Dubree, and Me
The Delongs (minus Haylee)
Bishop, Karen, and Stephanie Hargiss
The Rowlands
The Carnes
Irwin, Matt, Stan Eddington, Lynn, & the elders
Games with Terri Lewis, the Owens, the Eddingtons, Darlene Dubree, the Delongs, and Matt.
Kelly and Sister Nori Dubree
The Eddingtons (minus Stan)
It was wonderful, and sad to be saying goodbye.
Sunday (our last in Illinois) was sweet. Sheri got an early graduation from Nursery class thanks to her awesome Nursery leader - Sister Dubree and Bishop.
I also got last minute photos with Becky Rose whom I greatly admire.
I wish I had been able to get photos of a few other close friends but I was unable to.
Also on Sunday (I wonder now if was the previous Sunday), the Primary gave me a darling quilt made with squares that each had a child's hand outline and name. In the middle was a mix of leader's hands and names. It was beautifully made with a special message for me. I will always cherish it! I sure love the Primary children and those leaders and teachers that I served with!
Monday, Dec 12th, Eve's class and teachers planned a special going away party for her. The class compiled drawings made by each student into a book for her. In addition, she was given, going away gifts such as note cards, stamps, small toys and candy. Eve's main teacher, Mrs. Lombardi recently accepted a new position in the district and made a special visit back to the class for the occasion. This meant so much to Eve. Mrs. Lombardi also brought (among her note cards, stamps, etc) a disposable camera so that Eve could take photos with friends and teachers at the school before she left. I thought the whole occasion was extremely thoughtful and kind. Eve has been so lucky to have each of her teachers. She and Sterling will be pen pal-ing their classes.
This is the cookie I brought in for the occasion.
Eve and Mrs. Lombardi
Monday, we went to see Christmas lights with the Lewis Family. It was neat to see the lights choreographed to music.
Tuesday night we had dinner with the Bishop and his family. Eve was able to get a pic with her friend Haylee.
Wednesday was Eve and Sterling's School Christmas program. Eve was able to be an elf. Our kids REALLY enjoyed the music for the program all season. Before the program, Sterling's teacher gave him a going away gift full of travel games, note pads, dry erase boards and snacks for all the kids. This was such a life saver especially once we were in our new home but didn't have our stuff yet.
The program was also a wonderful opportunity to say a final goodbye.
The kids and Ms. Hammond, their music teacher.
Mrs Vernatti - the school principal
Miss Davis, Eve's Kindergarten teacher
Mrs. Dunlap, Sterling's teacher
Terri (our sweet neighbor) and me.
Terri and I enjoyed dressing our elves the same for the program. Last year they matched by coincidence. Here they are after the program.
Eve and Sterling before the program
A few pics of the program
Can you spot Sterling?
Sheri enjoyed singing along.
Thursday Sheri had her last day of preschool and I was able to see her practice for their Christmas program. Here she is with her teachers.
This is a ball that Sterling's PE teacher gave him. All his classmates signed it. Mr Bennett also gave Eve a jump rope.
Here are a few pics of the move.
A last minute goodbye to our neighbors.
After the movers loaded the moving van, we were able to have pizza on the kitchen floor with the Owens - who came to our rescue with dinner and one last play date while we loaded our car and did some last minute cleaning. What a whirlwind!
Thanks to all who loved and accepted us for the past 2 years! We will miss you!
1 comment:
That is so nice Beckie! What a great ward family and school.
Post a Comment