Search This Blog

Sunday, June 10, 2012

May 2012

Here are a few May highlights.

The daddy/daughter dance hosted by the local elementary school. Eve had a blast dancing with her dad! (Please note the cute pillow covers I made. They were not very difficult but took a while to finish for me.)





The new fruit trees, vegetables, and flowers (potted) we planted






Eve continues to play the piano. (She began lessons in April)



The last day of school (field day). My little kindergartener and 2nd grader are soon to be in 1st and 3rd grade!
Sheri and I enjoyed watching all the events and even helped a bit on the tug o war.










Just one more year at home for my little Sheri! (Sniff)


Sterling learned to ride a bike with out training wheels. Watching children succeed on a bike is a moment of pure exhilaration for a parent. Ok, there is a bit of nervousness too. Thanks to Matthew for taking the reigns on this one! It can be very awkward to run next to a bike when you are pregnant. I did do a bit of prodding and gave encouragement of course. Ster has a had a few falls and scraped up knees to go along with them. Overall, he is getting more and more confident and independant each time we practice.

Here we are on one of our first family bike rides.








Hanging out at the zoo with our friends. We have been able to go to the zoo here 3 or 4 times. It is always a great experience and even more fun with friends.






And sometimes, the zoo creeps into our home life. Sheri named this little guy "Climber."


Sheri turned 4 years old!
We opened a few presents on her birthday and then we had a few friends over for cake and ice cream the evening after.














We all enjoyed playing games while the little ones jumped on the bouncy house outside and ran around.


I sure love my sweet Sheri!



Memorial day.
On Memorial day Matthew got his boat out and got it running for the season. We went to a lake about 25 minutes from our house. We enjoyed the sand, the sunshine, and the time together. I even learned to drive the boat, and thankfully, I didn't hurt or kill anyone in the process. :)













We have a very rich life, full of love and happy memories! I want to record one final memory, that of mother's day. For mother's day Matthew put in new cupboards for our laundry room (just what I wanted!) He also helped supervise and cook when the kids started breakfast in bed for me. Eve was so cute! She made me a fruit salad with bananas, kiwi, and graham crackers. Matthew made me scrumptious french toast and an omlet. Also, Eve gave me service coupons including one for a foot massage, breakfast in bed, and extra hugs and kisses. My family definately made me feel like queen for the day! May was wonderful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheri looks so adorable and BLONDE!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh! And I love that line from Gymbo. Super cute.